Purple and Green Water Marble Nails

At first, I was trying to make my new nail stamp kit work. I didn't get any of the special thick gooey polish that it recomends, & I even tried to make my own thick polish by adding Xanthan Gum, but that still didn't work to my liking... I'm going to put that off until I get to a town that sells it.

So, I decided I would once again try Water Marble Nail Art. My attempts in the past have all failed. I would have trouble getting the polish to spread out & float on the the water, then once I had my rings, the polish would dry before I could drag my toothpick through the polish/water to create designs. I did a little research on how to get it to work & one major theme throughout was that the water temperature needed to be around room temperature... some even said the water needed to be warm - 72°F... I put 2 & 2 together and decided everything needs to be around 72°F, the water, nail polish, even the air around me... being one who likes a cold house, I set up an electric space heater near my work area, microwaved a half bottle of water for 30 seconds & set it in my my bag of polishes I was going to use, just for a little bit. I have an old glass, but sturdy candle holder which I don't use since I have my sensey wax light. I even set it before the space heater to make sure it wouldn't cool down my water too fast.

With my nice little setup, clear tape, nails painted with a base coat, polishes opened, I set to work & was so tickled with myself because of the results! None of my nails are exactly the same because I was playing around with the paint to see what it would do in the water & how I could get a really cool design. I was also playing around with the order of colors I used.

I'm not going to get into detail about the process on how to do the nails, for that, search for a video on youTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Water Marbles

After having paint on my nails for a year, the quality of my mails went to shit! They were splitting long ways and side ways, breaking deep ...